New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Your Media Library Size!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

appleisgreat

appleisgreat is infamous around these parts

I think something similar to this has been done in the past, but if you are all like me, your media library size grows as time goes on (I don't know anyone who says, well thats it I have all the music and movies I will ever want/need). Anyway, post a screen shot of your library sizes from iTunes (or similar program).

I'll Start:

Music (iTunes):
Approximately 37,370 songs (Not all are added at the moment)

Videos (Folder in Windows Explorer on HTPC): 252 Movies, Desperate Housewives Seasons 1-4, Family Guy Seasons 1-6, Survivorman Season 1, Planet Earth Non-HD
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

wow, that must have cost a lot.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Music: 7,832 songs; 24.8GB
TV Shows: 392GB
Movies: 1330GB

I have spindles of TV shows and Movies sitting in my closet, so the numbers above are only what's currently on my media center PC.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Strukt

Strukt will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB

Music: 1,368 songs - 11,65GB

I had a much bigger iTunes library before, but i thought why should I? It is not like I listen to all that music anyway. Just a few select albums and songs

My Blog: Apple Laptops
QUOTE Thanks
JGruber

JGruber has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD

Off the top of my head,
12,000+ songs ~48GB or so
8 Videos - ~25GB or so - Still need to rip the rest of my entire DVD collection, which is about 75 more movies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg storage.JPG (86.7 KB, 14 views)
QUOTE Thanks
dinkjs

dinkjs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 13.3" 2.4 Ghz Stock

1325 Songs @ 5.46GB

Not the most exciting or largest but they all get listened to depending on the season.....a good portion of that is Christmas music
QUOTE Thanks
appleisgreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
wow, that must have cost a lot.
ha. well if you want to know the truth a lot of the music has been ripped from CD's. I would say about 50%. The other 25% has been sent to me from people I know and the other 25% i have acquired from a newsgroup (which now I realize is definitely illegal) that I am no longer a part of. When I was my library went up exponentially almost every month, anymore it doesn't (although I wish it did). All in all,I have no idea how much I actually spent on my music library, because a lot of the mp3's are actual CD rips. All the movies I have are DVD rips that I have made myself (I never have DL one movie). I have considered downloading movies before but it is really not worth the time or effort (considering a good rip is at least 2gig) IMO
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Moved to correct forum.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
egutin

egutin is on a distinguished road

My music library is coming close to 20 Gig - but most of it is public domain live shows (dead, BT, Phish, etc)
QUOTE Thanks
egutin

egutin is on a distinguished road

Also, I am a big stickler for copyright respect - nothing stolen on my HD
QUOTE Thanks
mystic_fm

mystic_fm will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 2.33GHz C2D, 2GB RAM

2160 songs, 8.65 GB, all either purchased from Amazon's MP3 store or (in most cases) ripped from CDs I own. (Thumbs up to copyright respect.)

I used to have about twice as many songs in my music library before getting my Mac, but I haven't gotten around to encoding all of my CDs this time because I frankly didn't listen much (if at all) to the rest of my music on my old (now dead) MP3 player and decided it would be a waste to have stuff I don't listen to also occupying part of the limited space on my Nano 3g.
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

I hope you guys have all this backed up...

I have about 26GB of Music, and about 360GBs of Video (growing fast).

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
appleisgreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
That is something I have been meaning to get around to, I still havent done it though! I eventually want to build a RAID storage system to save all of my media
QUOTE Thanks
JGruber

JGruber has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post

I have about 26GB of Music, and about 360GBs of Video (growing fast).
Mine is always backed up, it sits on a server in my house, which is connected to a 2TB NAS for backups
QUOTE Thanks
ConvoMech08

ConvoMech08 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mackbook 2.16gHz, 2gb, 120 HD. iPhone 3g 16gb.

3912 songs = 21.10GB of music. Most of it is CD's that I own, some from the band that I Engineer/produce, and alot off iTunes + a ton of live shows from nugs and archive.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Most played song in your iTunes | Osx,garageband And Midi Issue »