New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Logic Pro 7 Please Help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

onetouchchewi

onetouchchewi is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I've been running Logic Pro 7 for a number of years now. Absolutely fine. I then recently connected my Mac to the internet. Yestedray, trying to instal the new version of iTunes, I had to do a software update on my OS X. It then told me that an update for Logic was also available. So I downloaded and installed that and now Logic isn't working anymore!!!
It boots up normally until it gets to Scanning Audio Units, and then an error message comes up saying:
An unexpected error -192 occured.
ID: Error: -192 / ???? : -1

What should I do????? Should I delete Logic and re-install it from the original disc? Will that mean I loose all my work and synths???

Please someone help!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Maccy

Maccy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 13" MacBook

I'd try running the update again, failing that you'd have to give reinstalling Logic a try.
You wouldn't lose any of your projects, the synths may need to be installed again too.

QUOTE Thanks
onetouchchewi

I just tried re-installing with the old CD. Same message comes up...
QUOTE Thanks
onetouchchewi

Just in case anyone is interested, when I took all the component files out of the Component folder in Mac HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components, Logic did start up but obviously couldn't find any of my synths. I then closed Logic, put back one component file, started Logic, it scanned that synth, made sure that one works, closed Logic again, put in another... that seems to work.
QUOTE Thanks
Christopher

Christopher is an unknown at this point

Okay, so if you do this methodically it will work for you? btw, are you familiar with this forum:

Sonikmatter: Music + Mind + Technology

? There's some quite knowledgeable people there, that i suspect would have the answer to your problem. good luck~~!

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by how its animals are treated.

-Mahatma Ghandi
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« m4a out of Logic Pro Good For All? | Simple question about iTunes »