New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

iMac Amplifier

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

p0ng0

p0ng0 is on a distinguished road

Hey All!

I'm new to the forum so i'll say HI!... Hi!!

I'm about to get my first-ever Mac on Friday, an iMac.

Main reasons why i'm getting a mac is for the space and the addiction i'm proud of after using them just 5 times at work!

Basically, I want to make as much space as possible! In which reasons i wish to run a few ceiling speakers in my room which would be cool if they coiuld be ran through the Mac.

Only problem is, i've only see one headphone socket on the mac so I wonder if there is a way to hook up an Amp with the Mac then speakers from the Amp.
I want the sound to be as clear as reasonable, so simply using a socket splitter didn't really appeal to me.

Do you know what items i will be looking for?

Any help is really appreciated!!!

Thanks in advanced!
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

My set-up is headphone jack to phono sockets in Cambridge audio amp

Then the amp is wired up to the wall speakers
QUOTE Thanks
takadante

takadante will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3

Just connect the speakers to an Amplifier, and get a RCA to 3.5mm Audio cord, and connect it to the Output of the amplifier to the MacBook.
QUOTE Thanks
KeithTeeple

KeithTeeple is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

There is a speakers jack right beside the headphone jack. I have external speakers plugged into my Mac in that socket and they function just fine.

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't.
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0ng0 View Post
i wish to run a few ceiling speakers in my room ... i've only see one headphone socket on the mac so I wonder if there is a way to hook up an Amp with the Mac then speakers from the Amp.
My setup ... 3.5 mm audio line from headphone > Aiwa amp > Technics speakers. Works great. A splitter's not a bad idea if you want either speakers or headphones and only the one audio output socket.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes 8 new visualizer | Special Microphones Needed for Mac vs. Windows? »