New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

pro tools key commands on a macbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

czarthp

czarthp is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook 2.0ghz santa rosa

does anyone know how to use the numeric pro tools key commands on a macbook? the macbook doesn't have numeric keys.
QUOTE Thanks
audiomedia808

audiomedia808 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacPro Quad 2.66, 1 Gig Ram, 2 x 250GB HDD, 1 500GB HDD---Black MB 2.0 Duo, 2 Gig Ram, 320GB HDD

i have no clue how to use the keypad with protools. i use PT on my macbook, but strictly just to record. i edit on my mac pro. you should try getting and external numeric keypad. you should be able to get one for cheap.
QUOTE Thanks
fenderbender121

fenderbender121 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Airport Express

An external keyboard would be the easiest. Have you tried using the num lock function? It's located on the F6 key. You might have to hold the "fn" button down and then press the F6 key to activate it. A little green light should turn on underneath the F6 key if it's on.

I've never done it myself, but it might work. If it doesn't, you might just need to get an external keyboard or numeric pad.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how do i record sound | OSX Leopard better than XP for my DAW? »