itunes transmitted via wi/fi connection
    Can someone explain something? My brother just moved and is sharing a wireless connection with his landlord (who lives in the same house). As soon as he logged on, his landlords itunes showed up on his computer with all her songs in a new folder. He didn't try to access this. It was just automatic. I don't get why this would happen. My wife and I share a wireless connection and our itunes don't share info. We also rent out a cabin on our property and provide people with the access code to our wireless. Are they getting our itunes info? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I was surprised by this. I thought even if you shared your wi/fi access code, the data on each computer was secure.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by barreltown View Post
    Can someone explain something? My brother just moved and is sharing a wireless connection with his landlord (who lives in the same house). As soon as he logged on, his landlords itunes showed up on his computer with all her songs in a new folder. He didn't try to access this. It was just automatic. I don't get why this would happen. My wife and I share a wireless connection and our itunes don't share info. We also rent out a cabin on our property and provide people with the access code to our wireless. Are they getting our itunes info? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I was surprised by this. I thought even if you shared your wi/fi access code, the data on each computer was secure.
    It's because the landlord has decided to share his or her iTunes library, which is an option in iTunes settings. This is not a default setting, and it won't work if the firewall wasn't specifically configured to allow it (assuming they're running any kind of a firewall) - my guess is that it's intentional. You might want to mention it to the person just so they know anyone on their wireless network is going to see their iTunes library.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Okay, thanks. I'll pass that on. I must have the option turned off.

Thread Information