New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

What Sound System? - Need connected to mac and seperate system with turntable

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MASTERforge

MASTERforge is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I am on the market for a new Hi-fi/Stereo (whatever the term is). The market is huge and confusing. I am lost, really, really lost.

I want a sound system that I can put a CD in and play. Also I would like a turntable with it so I can play LP's. I would also like it connected to my mac so I can play my Itunes and other stuff through the speakers of the sound system.

I have no idea where to get this perfect bit of machinery from! But how cool would life be?

What setups do you guys have? Or if you have any recommendations that would be a great help.

Hand forged swords and weaponry
http://www.masterforge.co.uk
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

First thing you need to do is determine how much you are willing to spend on a new system. Once that's done... add another 50% because whatever your budget is, you'll likely find yourself wanting to spend just a little bit more for the next "step" up.

You'll also need to be more thorough in what you want to do with the system. For example, is this just for music, or will it double as a surround-sound system for watching movies?

It would also help knowing what connections exist on your Mac. If you have an optical audio-out connection, then you'll want to be sure your new audio system supports optical audio (unless you aren't that picky and are OK with converting the analog headphone jack to dual-RCA jacks).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« trouble with mixer connected to logic | Leopard Intro Video »