New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Ipod Touch Not Working...please Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

petedogg27

petedogg27 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" Aluminum iMac, 2.0 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD ; 16 GB itouch ; PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

well i decided to jailbreak my ipod touch 16gb once again using the pwnage the tool. in the past i have used jailbreakme.com on my touch and ziphone. i decided to use the pwnage tool this time because it was recommend by ipodtouchmaster on youtube. i was an idiot and unplugged my ipod while the pwnage tool was pwning my ipod because i was in a rush to go somewhere. now my ipod touch remains at a black screen not responding to the home button or the on/off button on the top. it also doesn't connect to my computer. is there anyway i can fix my problem. if not do you think i can return my touch to best buy and get a new one????

PLEASE HELP
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

When you say it doesn't "connect" to the computer, I assume you mean that when plugged in and iTunes is open, it fails to show up as a connected device? If so, then I'm pretty inclined to say yer screwed. If not, then open iTunes while the iPod Touch is connected and see if it picks it up. If it does, then run the RESTORE option.

Also try Googling using terms "unbrick" "ipod touch" and see if any of those solutions help.

Quote:
if not do you think i can return my touch to best buy and get a new one????
LOL! Yeah... good luck with that.
QUOTE Thanks
petedogg27

Mac Specs: 20" Aluminum iMac, 2.0 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD ; 16 GB itouch ; PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

well when i say that it doesnt connect, that means that when i plug it in to my computer nothing happens at all
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by petedogg27 View Post
well when i say that it doesnt connect, that means that when i plug it in to my computer nothing happens at all
Ok. Then try opening iTunes as I suggested and see if it happens to recognize the iPod. If it does, then continue reading the rest of my suggestion.
QUOTE Thanks
petedogg27

good news. i sent my ipod in to apple and just said that it wasnt turning on after leaving it plugged into the computer for a week. they gave me a free new one!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Garage Band viewing for notation? | Archiving files as .rar »