New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

A few questions about GarageBand...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SamJ35

SamJ35 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook: 1GB 667 MHz RAM, 2.16 Intel core duo 2, 120GB Hard Drive. Iphone 3G.

Hi all,

Firstly, Garage Band doesn't seem to register my internal microphone. It says its there in the preferences but it just won't pick up any sound. I tried to record two people over skype using garage band, and I followed a tutorial. I installed LineIn, and now I've basically cocked up my whole audio preferences in Garage Band... Can anyone help???

Secondly, I want to plug my guitar straight into my macbook and record with garage band. There is no LineIn input on the audio preferences, so I decided to try the LineIn application. I can basically hear my guitar but I can't record it using Garage Band. Tips anyone?

Also, after following that skype tutorial thing, I installed soundflower. Anybody know what that is and could explain it to me, that would be great!

Cheers

Sam
QUOTE Thanks
Applescript Guy

Applescript Guy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac | iPod Shuffle | iPhone |

Well, firstly you should really go to
an Apple store and ask for their opinion. (On your Audio)
Secondly, once that's fixed you shouldn't have to plug anything in.
And that concludes to the third question. Should be fine.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Could any problems arise from this?? | iTunes: some songs won't load onto iPod »