New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Podcast and iWeb

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

drpianoman

drpianoman is an unknown at this point

I have done everything that I can do to put podcast on IWeb.
I followed every instruction in Garageband in creating a podcast.
I shared through garageband the podcast to IWeb.
When I uploaded it to the web it does absolutely nothing.

I have spent the last 7 hours on this so I need to know
what program is out there for web building where I can do
what ever I need to build a web site.

If I can't put my music on the web on a mac then I guess
I have to just sell everything and go back to the pain in the rear
windows based computers.

Anyone have any ideas that can help?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
drpianoman

drpianoman is an unknown at this point

I guess no one knows anything about getting podcast to work on the net through Iweb.
I needed serious help so as to build websites for others.
Guess it's back to Windows.
Mac - useless when it comes to website creating except for kiddies and such.
QUOTE Thanks
James

James is a jewel in the roughJames is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpianoman View Post
I guess no one knows anything about getting podcast to work on the net through Iweb.
I needed serious help so as to build websites for others.
Guess it's back to Windows.
Mac - useless when it comes to website creating except for kiddies and such.
Not really sure just what your problem is friend, but your barking up the wrong tree if you think that iWeb will not host your podcast. Your problem might be with Garageband itself because iWeb works just fine i use it every week. Are you trying to upload to a .mac account or some other server?

Once you get your actual podcast saved as a .mp3 file all you have to do is point iWeb to the file and publish to the server. Do you have all the pathways set properly? If done properly when someone clicks on the podcast it will stream it to them. As an example go to my website and visit the music page, choose one of the 3 songs listed and start the player. These are just regular music mp3 files, but then that is all a podcast is an mp3 file with speach and music and even if you wish graphics.

If your problem turns out to be Garageband, a program i have had no luck with even though thousands do, you might try using a program like Amadeus which is a audio editor program to make the recording and then using a program like Podcast Maker to enhance it with graphics, or just post the mp3 itself to the server with iWeb.

Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - 4 Gigs Ram - 10.6.1 - 30" Apple Monitor
iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
krisshayes

krisshayes is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black MacBook, 2.2Ghz, 2GB, 160GB HDD

Is your hosting package you have actually allowing you to upload the song onto its servers. Do you have enough bandwidth?

Your diagnostics sound like these symptoms... or maybe i've just spoken a load of tosh.

However, don't give the Mac up, they are far better than Windows for recording music. Windows was made by a load of men in suits who never had a clue, OS was made by people in jeans and t-shirts who knew exactly what they were doing.

Kris Hayes.
The Sound Man.
The God.
QUOTE Thanks
boneheadz

boneheadz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac

It would help to have a link and a link to your feed. Also an explanation on what doesn't work.

For a podcast to "work" whether with iweb or wordpress or any other host you need just three things, 1. a media file hosted on the internet (ie, http://www.mysite.com/podcasts/episode1.mp3) 2. Then you need a feed also hosted on the internet and the feed points to the file with the right info, (ie http://www.mysite.com/feed/podcast.rss) and 3 you need a link to the feed on you site that can pasted into itunes or other catcher.

Depending on if you are using .Mac or your own host publishing can break one of these pathways.
QUOTE Thanks
yonnykins

yonnykins is on a distinguished road

Hi I use iWeb very successfully for podcasts to iTunes. It's simple and efficient. I have used GarageBand, Podcaster, PodcastMaker, Profcast etc etc. My only problem is that before now I have always been able to load accompanying notes in .pdf. I usually just create an entry page for each set of notes. iTunes no longer seems to support this? When anyone subscribes they see all the episodes of the podcast, but not the notes. Can anyone help and advise please? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Not really sure just what your problem is friend, but your barking up the wrong tree if you think that iWeb will not host your podcast. Your problem might be with Garageband itself because iWeb works just fine i use it every week. Are you trying to upload to a .mac account or some other server?

Once you get your actual podcast saved as a .mp3 file all you have to do is point iWeb to the file and publish to the server. Do you have all the pathways set properly? If done properly when someone clicks on the podcast it will stream it to them. As an example go to my website and visit the music page, choose one of the 3 songs listed and start the player. These are just regular music mp3 files, but then that is all a podcast is an mp3 file with speach and music and even if you wish graphics.

If your problem turns out to be Garageband, a program i have had no luck with even though thousands do, you might try using a program like Amadeus which is a audio editor program to make the recording and then using a program like Podcast Maker to enhance it with graphics, or just post the mp3 itself to the server with iWeb.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You just quoted and replied to a thread that's well over two years old. Please take note of the dates involved. When threads are that old and you have a similar question, it's best to start a new thread.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Not really sure just what your problem is friend
Oh I'm pretty sure what his problem is.

My podcast, on the other hand, is done in Garageband, placed in iWeb and hosted on Mobile Me. It all works flawlessly.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonnykins View Post
I usually just create an entry page for each set of notes. iTunes no longer seems to support this? When anyone subscribes they see all the episodes of the podcast, but not the notes. Can anyone help and advise please? Thanks
As far as I can tell, iTunes supports this just fine still. I have a separate "page" where the notes reside on my site, have a look and you'll see what I mean.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wireless music question | Turntable suggestions? »