New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

duplicates

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Aqua

Aqua has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini

I have many days of music on my hd. I have managed to get rid of duplicates, renamed most of misspellings etc by way of parallels/xp (go figure ms would be more useful than mac) and most dups... the prob is in itunes I selected show duplicates, but it doesn't show which folder the dup is in (at the moment, itunes isn't set to copy files to itunes music library, or keep it organized). What is left now is over 500 songs that are duplicates in 2 diff folders. Parallels and my xp progs has gone as far as it can go as it won't delete files on the mac side, but I'd prefer to learn how to do this in mac as much as I can...

Is it possible? Is there a webpage for ref? something? thanks (I'm also planning to copy all shortcuts or instructs for easy ref via screengrab - ff addon - or something like this...

Thanks in advance

invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
I selected show duplicates, but it doesn't show which folder the dup is in (at the moment, itunes isn't set to copy files to itunes music library, or keep it organized).
Spotlight? Seeing you know the names of the duplicates, just select the first word and type it into Spotlight. Once found, hold the mouse pointer over the selection (wait a little) and a sticky will display with the location of the file(s).

EasyFind? A free application, works like Spotlight.
QUOTE Thanks
buzzsaw

buzzsaw is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.0 Mini

I just asked this question on another board. Well at least I think I was asking the same on as you. Anyway I was directed to Dupin from doug's apple scripts. shareware, but it seems to be just what i was looking for.
http://dougscripts.com/itunes/itinfo/dupin.php
QUOTE Thanks
Aqua

Aqua has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini

hey thanks... on the page it says not to use stuffit to open it... what else could you use?

invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Free music | iTunes Hot Keys »