New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Best way to correct/complete MP3 & AAC tags??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

m021478

m021478 is on a distinguished road

I wanted to find out how some of you guys go about correcting and/or completing (i.e. filling in missing tags) for some of you music files in iTunes?

I have experimented with iEatBrainz and also took a quick peek at MPFreaker (both available via versiontracker.com)...iEatBrainz seems to be a nice utility for filling in missing tag data by comparing any existing (though incomplete) tags found in your audio files with anything it finds a match for on their online audio file tag database...I did however find that this program does incorrectly match tracks quite often, and its pretty tedious to have to manually scroll through your list of potential corrections to verify each one...

MPFreaker seems more geared toward allowing you to add missing artwork to your audio files...

I wanted to find out how some of you guys go about dealing with this issue, and to find out if anyone had any alternate options they've used which they might be willing to suggest?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I sometimes use the gracenote site if I know what the album is (only works on complete albums)

download the CDDB track info script

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/script...=cddbsafarikit

Put the script in Users/YourFolder/Library/iTunes/Scripts
If the Scripts folder is not there - make one

Restart iTunes. Put your album in its own playlist. Find the track listing on the gracenote site www.gracenote.com

Select the tracks in the playlist and under the script menu in Safari, select CDDB Tracks to iTunes via Safari - that should work,
QUOTE Thanks
m021478

Thanks for the tip...Do you need to know what the album is specifically for this script to work? If you do know the name of the album, will the script then automatically fill in all of the other missing tag fields for the particular track? Does this script have to be used one song at a time?

Anyone else have any other ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

no, it works on a whole album, you find the track listing on gracenote, then the script looks at that album and if the tracks match, then all the tags are downloaded

give it a try
QUOTE Thanks
m021478

What other methods of "filling-in-the-blanks" do some of the rest of you use?

Are there any better alternatives to iEatBrainz?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

MediaRage.

It's manual, but once you learn how to use it it can make the process quite painless. I use MPFreaker for Artwork only.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« help with renaming mp3s | Informal listening test »