Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Music, Audio, and Podcasting (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/music-audio-podcasting/)
-   -   NEED HELP how to burn a DVD full of music using iTunes (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/music-audio-podcasting/109741-need-help-how-burn-dvd-full-music-using-itunes.html)

anappleadaykeep 05-26-2008 09:16 AM

NEED HELP how to burn a DVD full of music using iTunes

Does anyone know who to fill a DVD with as much music as possible? I have tried using iTunes but only the songs show up on the final DVD. I lose all of the information for the band/album/song titles/etc. that were neatly displayed on iTunes. I think this may have something to do with playlists and/or folders.

Noels 05-26-2008 10:41 AM

anappleadaykeep,

Welcome to the forum.

Highlight the songs you want to burn in a playlist (File, New Playlist), then under File, select "Burn Playlist to Disc" and have a disc in the burner. It will burn your disc. If you select more than the disc will hold, I think it will ask for a second disc and then you can quit if one disc is enough.

Only MP3s carry the titles, etc. When you burn to a disc, it becomes a CDA file, I think, then it loses all that info. If you want to burn MP3s only, you may have to use another burn program. And then you'd need a special MP3 player to play that disc.

Noel

anappleadaykeep 05-27-2008 09:16 AM

Noels,

Thank you so much for the reply. Sounds like you have some experience with this subject as what you said in the first paragraph has been true for me.

I have imported all of my CD's using MP3. I am not sure what CDA file is, please explain??

Another program? What do you suggest?

Thanks much,
An apple

AlyciaAnimation 05-27-2008 09:36 AM

In iTunes, go to preferences>advanced>burning and change the disc format to data CD or DVD. I would think that should keep all the info of the MP3. Or you could try the MP3 CD option too. I think that option is more if you have a cd player that's capable of playing mp3 cds.

Noels 05-27-2008 10:32 AM

anappleadaykeep,

To explain CDA - I believe it's an industry standard for music to play in a standard player (car, home, etc). If you try to record an MP3 file or a WAV file onto a CD, it won't play in a standard player - it has to be translated to CDA to be able to play (unless the player is advertised to play MP3).

I have a program on my PC that does that - it's called "Easy CD-DA Extractor." I'm trying it out now on a 30 day trial, but it won't work on a Mac. I tried to find one that will, but haven't yet. Too much obfuscation on the web when you ask for a Mac program :)

AlyciaAnimation is pretty sharp on these things, so try what she suggested. In the meantime I'll see if I can find a Mac program.

Noel

Noels 05-27-2008 11:02 AM

anappleadaykeep,

I found a Mac program that says it does it all, so passing it on to you for you to try. I'll try it out myself tonight after I get home from a doctor's vsist. But for now, gotta go... Noel

http://www.mireth.com/pub/mpme.html

anappleadaykeep 05-28-2008 08:00 AM

Noels,
Really appreciate it.
FYI, I am 10 days into the free Easy CD/DA trail myself. It advertised as being Mac friendly. But we ended up enemies.
I have tried what Alicia said also.
Let me know what you fine out.
Thanks alot.

Noels 05-28-2008 09:30 AM

anappleadaykeep,

I wasn't very impressed with Easy CD Extractor - it will only read a CD and extract to Wav or MP3. That's it! And it's a PC thing as far as I can tell...

I haven't tried "Music Man for OS X" yet, been too busy, but will maybe try it tonight. Have you tried it?

Noel

anappleadaykeep 05-29-2008 09:26 AM

Hey thanks again,

I believe that Music man software is the answer. I haven't done the free download trial yet but it appears to be what we need judging by it's description. I am also limited on time. I see we both have the same 2.2 Macbook, KEWL!!

BTW, I am using the Easy CD/DA on my PC only.