New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Moving music library to another Hard Drive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Drummerd99

Drummerd99 is on a distinguished road

I have a Mac Pro with 2 drives - a 250 GB (the primary) and a 750 GB (the secondary).

I moved my music library - all 47 GB of it - to the 750 GB drive. I went into iTunes preferences and changed the file location. And I checked the locatrion on teh drive and all the music is there.
Now when I go into itunes to play a CD I have to manually locate each song in order to play them.

Is there a batch processing command I can do that would locate all of the songs?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Soulwar

Soulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5

See if this helps.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1449

When all else fails, try everything!
The Rep System and you.
Life's a joke...If you're not laughing, then you didn't get it.

June 2008

QUOTE Thanks
zongamin

zongamin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 2.66 Ghz - 4Gig Ram - iPod 60gig Black - iPhone 3GS Black 32gig

I'm planning on doing the same thing, moving from my external to my internal drive - nearly 80g.

I noticed that the suggested article says to get itunes to do it by using 'consolidate library' - however it also says you need to have the 'Keep iTunes Library Organised' ticked which I don't want (it messes up mutli artist compilations).

Does anyone know if it will work if I don't check this?

Edit: Just did it last night - yes it works, however it 'organises; the folder by artist/album anyway even if you un-check it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« track count out of a mac mini with ram maxed and ext hardrive | New mac book pro and MBOX 2 wont work! »