Thread: Zune on Mac?

Specs:
    MBP 15 in. 2.4 GHz
    Zune on Mac?
    Is there any way to get Zune to run on a Mac? Does it run all right on windows xp. I'm asking because I heard it doesn't, at least not the machine recognizing the hardware. Is there a way around it?

Any input will be appreciated.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Invader View Post
    Is there any way to get Zune to run on a Mac? Does it run all right on windows xp. I'm asking because I heard it doesn't, at least not the machine recognizing the hardware. Is there a way around it?

Any input will be appreciated.
    No, Microsoft has yet to provide drivers for the Zune. You can always use it in Boot Camp.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    iMac 2.4ghz C2D, 3GB Ram & Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz 2Gb Ram
    I'm still waiting for drivers to be released, i love my zune so much and don't want to have to use bootcamp

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Mav View Post
    I'm still waiting for drivers to be released, i love my zune so much and don't want to have to use bootcamp
    You might be waiting a while. Microsoft hasn't sold many Zunes - and I find it hard to believe that many of those that have purchased them are Mac users. I could be wrong, but like many others I was lured to the Mac by the iPod.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPhone 3GS Note 8!
    I am hoping at least a driver is released soon so it will mount like a drive on OSX so you can add files to it, but agree with CWA that it might be quite a wait. There are quite a few I have run into with Zune's and who love Macs.

Maybe a 3rd party driver but with Microsoft, who knows. Look how long it took to get Write support for NTFS drives in OSX and Linux.

Specs:
    Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
    It's a good way to keep Zune owners faithful to Windows.

A co-worker was thinking about getting a Mac until I told him it wouldn't work with his precious Zune.

January 2008 Member of the Month

I use mine with Parallels running XP. It integrates nicely and runs flawlessly. I can use all my Mac apps while Zune player is running.

I run it through VMware Fusion and it works great. Truthfully I was put off from Macs at first because of iPods, but then I realized it was just iTunes on Windows that I didn't like after I had already bought a Zune. So now I'm still stuck using Windows for my Zune...it's terribly unfortunate.

Well for me my fiance bought me a special edition pink Zune for Valentine's Day this past year. I asked for an iPod but we've heard a lot of good things about Zune so I was happy to get it. I had always wanted a Mac and finally got one and now I'm stuck using my crappy old PC to upload music and podcasts onto my Zune. I'm a lazy computer user and I just wish there was a way to use the Zune on the Mac w/out having to jump through hoops.
    *Ruby

Thread Information