New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

What speakers do you have ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

Post the make, model etc.. of your speakers and what you think of them. Ideally attach a photo or a stock image of them so we know what they look like as well.

Heres mine

JBL 2.1
Never failed on me, very reliable - used all the time
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l_12250138.jpg (12.6 KB, 27 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Leukeh

Leukeh is a jewel in the roughLeukeh is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM

I have mine hooked up to the AUX channel in my stereo... Big 5 stacker Panasonic, super woofer + surround sound. Can't find any product shots of it online and can't be bothered to take a picture right now... but it's big and it's good =)

Behance Design/Photography Porfolio
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leukeh View Post
I have mine hooked up to the AUX channel in my stereo... Big 5 stacker Panasonic, super woofer + surround sound. Can't find any product shots of it online and can't be bothered to take a picture right now... but it's big and it's good =)
nice it sounds good !

Mine retail here for around 65-80 but i got them off ebay for like 40. BRAND NEW. So I was pleased with that.

Mine also have touch vol - and +, which is quite cool.
QUOTE Thanks
umang7888

umang7888 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.5 GHz 2 GB RAM 250 GB HDD NViDA GeForce 8600 GMT

mine r Logitech Z2300
Attached Images
File Type: jpg logitech_z2300.jpg (86.1 KB, 22 views)

iPod 5.5 Gen Video 30 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB |Airport Express |
MacBook Pro Penryn 2.5 GHz | 2 GB RAM | NVida GeFroce 8600 GMT|
QUOTE Thanks
christm

nice. powerful i see !
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I have a set of M-Audio Studiopro 3. I got tired of the horrible audio production of other computer speakers including my old Klipsch set. After a lot of research, I learned that there isn't a sub/satellite speaker system out there that can produce really good sound. These speakers I have now produce the best sound I've ever heard out of my computer. They're basically semi-professional audio monitors, so they have to produce accurate sound. They don't have booming bass, but I don't really listen to anything that has a lot of bass anyway.

They also come with a wedge base to angle to speakers to aim at your head while on your desk. They're not the prettiest thing sitting on my desk, but there is a line to form over function, and most computer speakers step way over that line.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Chris_Mav

Chris_Mav is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4ghz C2D, 3GB Ram & Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz 2Gb Ram

Logitech Z4

QUOTE Thanks
christm

nice I like bassy music = drum n bass etc... so i had to have bass !
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

work
cheapie 2.0 set that came with an old sony vaio i had.
they sound ok for work and i'm not worried about them getting destroyed by incompetent coworkers.

home - macbook
sometimes i use various headphones/earbuds.
most of the time i just use the internal speakers for normal use.
if i want/need speakers, i attach a nice one-piece unit: creative usb powered laptop/travel speakers.

home - stereo
due to space restrictions imposed by kids toys and my wife's sense of "clutter", my large fantastic yamaha floor speakers are closeted for now, and i'm relegated to a decent set of jbl shelf speakers.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
jah

jah will become famous soon enough

creative giga 7.1
i have their decoder so its fed via a spdif optical cable from a macbook-pro

review:
seems something is always going wrong with the unit, functional sound.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

For my TV/Gaming setup, I use Logitech X-530's. Not the best, but $60 for a nice-sounding surround sound, you can't really complain.

For my PowerBook, I use Logitech Z-3e's. These speakers are amazing!

QUOTE Thanks
thedood

thedood has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.

For my MBP, I use the M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 @ home - They're perfect for me. Away from home I generally use headphones.

NABET - CWA <the union label.
QUOTE Thanks
WolfsBane

WolfsBane will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.

I'm a Klipsch guy. I love the sound. I currently have a set of Promedia 2.1 THX hooked up to my iMac, but I'm looking for a way to hook up my second pair to return to a Promedia 4.2 THX configuration. Anyone has an idea how to do this in view that we only have one input jack on the iMac?

Hope Springs Eternal
Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz!
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

I had a nice set of speakers on my old system, but they're two input so I dug out some OLD altec's that have a sub are are single input. It'll do till I get around to getting better (and nicer looking at that) ones.

oh and eric, I know what you mean.. my good speakers are in a closet too

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
nbrowser

nbrowser has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB

Logitech Z-640 5.1 setup here on my main PC, the only working eMac has a pair of headphones (Sennheiser HD477s) jacked into it for iTunes listening.

This is a multiplatform home !
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« moving itunes to X HD | Good audio name? »