New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Free music

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kjealousmuch

Kjealousmuch is on a distinguished road

I changed to a mac from a pc over a year ago. i was using a free music site, but it is not mac friendly. is there any safe site that is mac friendly?
QUOTE Thanks
Kjealousmuch

Kjealousmuch is on a distinguished road

Swiched from a pc to mac. my old free music site isnt mac friendly. are there any safe sites that are?
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

try not to cross post
Free music

what kind of "free music" are you looking for?

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
IckyThump

IckyThump is on a distinguished road

i use www.hypem.com
QUOTE Thanks
TopDog

TopDog has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook / Mac Mini

http://www.jamendo.com/en/

QUOTE Thanks
Sennec

Sennec will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro

Qtrax for Mac. Release date: today.
http://qtrax.com/NL/download.html

Another stain on the sidewalk.
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjealousmuch View Post
Swiched from a pc to mac. my old free music site isnt mac friendly. are there any safe sites that are?
I thought everybody knew about Limewire but I don't see it mentioned. I use it regularly, and have never had hacking/invasion problems with my Mac.

A good firewall is absolutely essential, and I've found the MacOS deals with that issue very well. Make sure the Network Proxies are kept to a minimum. Clean out your Shared folder regularly, keeping contents to a manageable number, bearing in mind that Limewire is P2P so it's considered the 'done thing' to make sure you're contributing.
QUOTE Thanks
ogacon

ogacon has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs:  15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughvane View Post
I thought everybody knew about Limewire but I don't see it mentioned. I use it regularly, and have never had hacking/invasion problems with my Mac.

A good firewall is absolutely essential, and I've found the MacOS deals with that issue very well. Make sure the Network Proxies are kept to a minimum. Clean out your Shared folder regularly, keeping contents to a manageable number, bearing in mind that Limewire is P2P so it's considered the 'done thing' to make sure you're contributing.
Please review the forum rules... anything to do with pirating is strictly prohibited to talk about. Nothing illegal by US standards is allowed to be posted on Mac-Forums.
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ann...t.php?f=77&a=7

Relay For Life Support me in Relay For Life! Run by American Cancer Society. Cancer research.
What sound does your Rooster make?
QUOTE Thanks
IckyThump

IckyThump is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennec View Post
Qtrax for Mac. Release date: today.
http://qtrax.com/NL/download.html

apparently not :/ ?
QUOTE Thanks
MadChild

MadChild is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, 2GHZ, Core2Duo

I use torrents, like say if i only want 1 song of an album ill open the torrent file in Transmission and just untick all the songs i dont want, SIMPLE!

Limewire = Malware, Spam etc..

MadChild

xx

White Macbook 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, 2GHZ, Core2Duo Running OS X Leopard 10.5.3, 500GB My Book External HD, 8GB iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
James

James is a jewel in the roughJames is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"

Just a note for all you music lovers out there. Limewire and most other so called free music places are mostly illegal pirate services. Many of the so called "free music" places end up costing you money in the long run.

You might consider something different, check out Creative Commons license music at places such as http://music.podshow.com/ also http://www.garageband.com/

This music is free and it is legal and many times is every bit as good as commercial music. There are songs in almost every genre you can name.

Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - 4 Gigs Ram - 10.6.1 - 30" Apple Monitor
iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Logic Express 7 Bounce Issue | duplicates »