Advice please - is it easy to change audio interfaces?
    Hello,

This is my first post on the forum and I've just bought my first Mac...advice gratefully appreciated!

I have bought an iMac running Leopard and will be using Logic to make music. I want to hook the iMac up to an external audio interface and music keyboard.

I currently have - from my PC/Cubase days - an M-Audio Firewire Audiophile interface with an old Korg X3 hooked up to the M-Audio unit via MIDI. I have not yet tried running these on the Mac.

At some point I would like to change to an Apogee Duet interface and a CME controller keyboard hooked up to the Mac via USB. This will cost me another 500 on top of what I've just paid for the Mac! If I can delay the purchase of these, I will.

My question is, should I buy the Apogee and CME now, in the interests of having a system that is more or less designed to work together, or can I get by with the M-Audio interface for a while and then uninstall it and install the Apogee later?

I suppose I am kind of superstitious that if I get Logic talking to the M-Audio interface, it may be difficult, later, to get it talking to the Apogee. But I have no experience in installing and uninstalling drivers on a Mac....

I hope the above makes sense and thanks a lot for any help!

B

Specs:
    Pwnt
    I suppose I am kind of superstitious that if I get Logic talking to the M-Audio interface, it may be difficult, later, to get it talking to the Apogee. But I have no experience in installing and uninstalling drivers on a Mac....
    I wouldn't be concerned at all about that. I've had a little play around with logic and midi and it all was very simple to get working. Get the M-Audio working with it - you might find you don't even need to upgrade to the Apogee and CME.
    I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.

Thanks - will try this first!

Thread Information