New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Anyone podcast?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mac O Licious

Mac O Licious is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac, 2.8G, 24", 2 gig ram and it feels good

First off, does iMac have a built in mic you could use for that? Also, tho maybe I should look more thoroughly, is there a spot for a mic on the back of the imac, I can't find my spec sheet & on the site I don't see it.

Has anyone created a pod cast? I want to do some with my own music & make them available for download. Also, is there any issue with making music available to the public for download in a podcast? I am not out to break the so called law.
QUOTE Thanks
James

James is a jewel in the roughJames is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"

Not familiar with you iMac, but there should be a plug for a mike in somewhere there i would think.

As for a mike for recording, you will need a fairly decent semi pro type mike in order to get a good quality recording. The old cheapie $20 ones will give you lots of problems and lousy quality.

As for a podcast it is really nothing more than a usually large mp3 file. For example my podcast is a 1 hour music/talk show that is usually about 78 megs. To do that you can use a good audio editor program like Amadeus and record both voice and music through it.

As for legal... if it is your own music you can release it to the public for general use with no problem. Lots of artists do it using what is called Creative Commons license, which means the public is allowed to use it, copy it, etc, for most things other than commercial use. You might try submitting it to a website like http://www.music.podshow.com where it would get a wide audience.

Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - 4 Gigs Ram - 10.6.1 - 30" Apple Monitor
iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Logic Express on 13" Macbook | newbie/ how control remote sound? »