New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

What's the best way of doing this?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Peakoverload

Peakoverload has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 3.1Ghz 16GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 4.

I only have a 6GB iPod Nano yet I have about 50GB worth of MP3's, or at least I will when I finish ripping my 600 CD's.

Within my library I also have multiple playlists some of which I would like on my iPod.

I don't want to go through and check all the songs I want on my iPod because that would take forever and wouldn't that mean that iTunes would only play me that 6GB selection?

I know I can create a playlist for my iPod and set that to be one that is synchronised but then what happens to all my other playlists? What I mean is, lets say I have an iPod playlist, another called My Favs and lets say that My Favs contains 10 songs that are not in the iPod playlist. Is there a way of setting things up so that iTunes will sync all the songs that are in the iPod playlist, copy the My Favs playlist but NOT copy any songs that are in the My Favs playlist but not in the iPod playlist.

Does that make sense?

Is there a clever way of dealing with this? I almost want two libraries, one for everything and the other for my iPod so that I can create independent playlists but I really don't want to do that as working with two libraries would be a nightmare.

Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes | no sound from edirol ua 25 with garage band »