New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

GarageBand question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mac O Licious

Mac O Licious is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac, 2.8G, 24", 2 gig ram and it feels good

Is there any way to put in my own loops?
QUOTE Thanks
Amen-Moses

Location: The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
Amen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

http://www.apple.com/ilife/tutorials...and-compose-47

Amen-Moses
QUOTE Thanks
Mac O Licious

Yeah, I watched that before I asked the question.

I want to take a song, edit it, at put it in as a sample loop. It did not show me that.
QUOTE Thanks
darkmelody

darkmelody is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 1.25Ghz G4 1gb RAM, Mac Pro G5 Dual 1.8GHz 4GB RAM, MacBook Air 1.6 GHz Core2 Duo 2GB RAM

Hmmm been a long time since I used garage band, but I would suggest: 1.drag and drop or otherwise import the song you want, 2. do whatever editing you want to turn it into a loop, 3. "render to disk" or "export as" or "save as" or some such command which I would expect to be in the file menu, then you should be able to import it as a loop.

Hope it helps, I got rid of Garage band ages ago as it was taking up precious hard drive space, but I seem to remember it being quite powerful so you should be able to import your own loops.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac O Licious

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmelody View Post
Hmmm been a long time since I used garage band, but I would suggest: 1.drag and drop or otherwise import the song you want, 2. do whatever editing you want to turn it into a loop, 3. "render to disk" or "export as" or "save as" or some such command which I would expect to be in the file menu, then you should be able to import it as a loop.

Hope it helps, I got rid of Garage band ages ago as it was taking up precious hard drive space, but I seem to remember it being quite powerful so you should be able to import your own loops.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

What proggie are you using?
QUOTE Thanks
Amen-Moses

Location: The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
Amen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac O Licious View Post
Yeah, I watched that before I asked the question.

I want to take a song, edit it, at put it in as a sample loop. It did not show me that.
You do it the same way, just drag and drop the song from iTunes into GarageBand (I thought that bit was obvious!) then follow the tutorial.

Amen-Moses
QUOTE Thanks
Mac O Licious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen-Moses View Post
You do it the same way, just drag and drop the song from iTunes into GarageBand (I thought that bit was obvious!) then follow the tutorial.

Amen-Moses

Didn't seem very obvious, I'll give it a shot tonite.
QUOTE Thanks
darkmelody

darkmelody is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 1.25Ghz G4 1gb RAM, Mac Pro G5 Dual 1.8GHz 4GB RAM, MacBook Air 1.6 GHz Core2 Duo 2GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac O Licious View Post
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

What proggie are you using?
Ableton Live and also Reason. Live would be the one I would recommend when you are ready to get more serious. That said, Garageband is a pretty powerful sequencer, especially for something they give you for nothing!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Prolem with garageband/mac | Ripping Software »