New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

App for Streaming any FM station?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Christopher

Christopher is an unknown at this point

Greetings all. I am looking for an application that lets me enter in the frequency of an FM station and listen to it via the web. The station i'm looking for has a streaming option, but sometimes iTunes can't connect. They are local and probably don't have a lot of bandwidth... so sometimes i can't stream them. Is there an application that will let me choose the call letters and frequency (like 105.3) and location, and act as an antenna... then let me stream the audio? Thanks for any help.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by how its animals are treated.

-Mahatma Ghandi
QUOTE Thanks
youthpastor

youthpastor will become famous soon enough

Have you tried www.live365.com? They have a lot of free radio stations you can access on the Internet. You may find the one you are trying to listen to via iTunes.

I'm not to familiar with any apps on the Mac that you could try.

<><

New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB
QUOTE Thanks
kmkl

kmkl is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD

i don know, i'd think the mac would need sum sort of antenna... then a decoder/app...
QUOTE Thanks
kfordham281

kfordham281 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD

Hardware option: http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/radioshark2
Basically adds an am/fm tuner to your Mac.

Software (you can record the audio too): http://rogueamoeba.com/radioshift/
I'm not sure if you can type in the call letters, but it has a good search option.

Apple Mac HQ - Apple/Mac News, Reviews, and More
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
hey are local and probably don't have a lot of bandwidth... so sometimes i can't stream them.
If they can't get the stream to you over the internet, then how is an app going to help?

That's usually the issue with web streaming: Bandwidth is expensive, so it's often limited.

The Radioshark might be an interesting non-internet alternative though...
QUOTE Thanks
Christopher

Christopher is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfordham281 View Post
Hardware option: http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/radioshark2
Basically adds an am/fm tuner to your Mac.

Software (you can record the audio too): http://rogueamoeba.com/radioshift/
I'm not sure if you can type in the call letters, but it has a good search option.
Thanks! I'll try the software.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by how its animals are treated.

-Mahatma Ghandi
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mystery music on new macbook... | SiriusMac users help! »