New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

How to set MacPro to sync an incoming spdif signal?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sgfx

sgfx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacPro, PowerBook

I have a little problem that I do not quite understand. Perhaps you do.

My setup:
I digitize an analog signal via M-Audio's Firewire 410 and output the digital signal via optical to my MacPro's digital in. I record in 24/96 format and have the MacPro's MIDI set up accordingly, also everything is finely set up with my Amadeus Pro recording software. I control the M-Audio 410 through a separate Powerbook that's connected to the 410's via firewire.

The M-Audio 410 control panel has the option to set the sync source (clock) to either internal or external. M-Audio's manual suggests to use the external sync source setting when recording from the SPDIF output (that's what is connected to my MacPro's digital in). However that does not work. The MIDI Setup panel on the MacPro shows a sync-lock only with sync source set to internal in M-Audio 410's control panel.

Is there some way to have my MacPro sync the digital input signal or do I have a wrong view on this issue?

Any informed reply is highly welcome, thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« M-Audio 410 Firewire Interface Problem | how to change .rar file »