New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

GarageBand class!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dauber

dauber is a jewel in the roughdauber is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04

Here in Chicago there's a place called The Old Town School of Folk Music (which, btw, is not located in the Old Town neighborhood any more!)...great (and cheap!) place to learn just about any music you want...I did a couple of Beatles performance classes, a songwriting class, and Chicago Blues Harp...and at their snack bar they make the yummiest cream soda ever!

Aaaanyhoo...I just got their summer catalog. They're offering a GarageBand class! And no, it's not a "how to start your own garage band" thing -- the description specifically says it's for Mac users who want to learn the "nuts and bolts" of the GarageBand software!

Sweeeeeet!

Only thing...it's offered at 5:00, and I work until 6:00! D'OH!!!!

But I did think that was ultra-cool.
QUOTE Thanks
youthpastor

youthpastor will become famous soon enough

Wow, that's pretty awesome. They need to teach one of those down here in Georgia

New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB
QUOTE Thanks
dauber

dauber is a jewel in the roughdauber is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04

I e-mailed the instructor of the class (I had him a couple of times before) and asked if they were going to run it at different times in the future. Sounds like it's new to the point that he's still not sure what direction to go...should people bring their MacBooks to class? Does everybody who'd want to take the GarageBand class actually have a MacBook? What aspects should they focus on? etc...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need to encrypt the DVDS for copying!!! | Major Recording Problem »