New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Interface or iStudio Adaptor ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

student_mac

student_mac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4Ghz, 2GB Macbook, White

Hi guys. My 2.4Ghz 2 GB Macbook will be arriving in the next couple of days. I am looking forward to getting onto Garageband and making some music to put on myspace.

To get instruments into garage band i have bought the Monster iStudioLink instrument adaptor.

However everyone one seems to be talking about bloody interfaces. What are they and are they really needed?

many thanks

Colour means nothing to a blind man
QUOTE Thanks
audiomedia808

audiomedia808 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacPro Quad 2.66, 1 Gig Ram, 2 x 250GB HDD, 1 500GB HDD---Black MB 2.0 Duo, 2 Gig Ram, 320GB HDD

The Studiolink link should be good enough to get you started. Interfaces is use to get the best possible sound quality. The input on the macbook is okay but not great. You can also use the interface as a pre-amp for you mic or guitar, depending on what kind of interface you get of course.

The cheapest(cost wise) interfaces I can think of is M-audio. They have a few that are under a hundred buckaroos.

Hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Record radio streams | Connecting MIDI Piano to Mac »