New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Convert AVI to Mpeg with Quicktime Pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chang6776

I need help trying to figure out how to ocnvert my avi files to a fromat where I can burn then to watch on a DVD player. I'm getting frustrated at the fact that I can only view my avi files on my imac. What are the programs and steps I need to accomplish this mission? :confused:
QUOTE Thanks
MacMyk

MacMyk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro 2.2Ghz 2GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chang6776
I need help trying to figure out how to ocnvert my avi files to a fromat where I can burn then to watch on a DVD player. I'm getting frustrated at the fact that I can only view my avi files on my imac. What are the programs and steps I need to accomplish this mission? :confused:
I was just about to post the same exact thing regarding avi and on a dvd. Please someone help us!
QUOTE Thanks
MacMyk

MacMyk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro 2.2Ghz 2GB

bump...
QUOTE Thanks
Wapa18

what the crap does "bump" mean?
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Get DivX Doctor 2. Be sure to install the codecs it requires (read the readme).
This will convert the .avi to a Quicktime .mov. Make sure the decompress audio button is checked. Then you can do what you want to the movie.

Or you can buy Cleaner.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapa18
what the crap does "bump" mean?
One normally says bump when they want to place a thread on top of the list.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Wapa18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
One normally says bump when they want to place a thread on top of the list.
oic...thanks for clarifying
QUOTE Thanks
thendis

thendis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradom
This will convert the .avi to a Quicktime .mov. Make sure the decompress audio button is checked. Then you can do what you want to the movie.

Or you can buy Cleaner.
cradom, i think i may have fallen in love with you! Do you have any idea how long I have been trying to find a mac app that would convert my Xvids to iDVD compatible movies!! I have posted on about half a dozen forums and no one has suggested DivX Doctor 2.

I have tried it and it works perfectly - and it is so friggin fast! Unlike Cleaner which is good but soooo slow. Up until now I had given up and was re-encoding everything on Windows.

Thanks again for that!
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud of

Anytime. Now if I can just find something to convert .rm movie clips to something I can burn to VCD.
QUOTE Thanks
chang6776

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradom

Or you can buy Cleaner.
Although DivX Doctor works for some of my AVI's, it does not work for them all. Are there any tutorials that I can look up that will give me a step by step process explaining what to do?
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

Not all codecs are available for Mac yet. As far as tutorials...try these, all i have.
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/
http://www.fourcc.org/index.php?http...org/codecs.php
QUOTE Thanks
thendis

thendis is on a distinguished road

yeah. i found DivX Doc didn't accept a couple of my AVIs either. I had to re-encode it on my PC to something DivX Doc would accept on my Mac. Bit of a pain but only had to be done once or twice.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My G5 closes FC when trying to render | Can't import .MPG file into iDVD 4 »