New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

copy family guy episode onto mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

brokeenthusiast

brokeenthusiast is on a distinguished road

Okay I have all of the seasons of Family Guy on DVD but I was wondering if there was a way to copy those onto my external hard drive so I dont have to take the DVD's with me everywhere I go when I want to watch them (and also give them to my brother to borrow for a few months). I have mac the ripper right now (only used it once) and I have the divx converter also. I was wondering if there was a way to not get all of the extra features of the disk, just copy the episodes and have each episode numbered. So I was wondering what is the best method for doing this since there are a lot of episodes. Also if I could create an automator workflow if it gets to extensive so all i have to do is just put in the disk and run whatever steps I should take that you all recommend.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Unfortunately, that's a commercial DVD, which means it is encrypted. While you can theoretically rip the episodes, breaking that encryption is technically illegal, and as a result, cannot be discussed here at Mac-Forums.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
brokeenthusiast

brokeenthusiast is on a distinguished road

gotcha, and I cant even make a copy of the disks for backup or personal use (or discuss it) sorry for breaking the rules
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future

Don't worry, it's a common misconception that we're allowed to do whatever we want with things that we pay for our hard-earned money...

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Don't worry, it's a common misconception that we're allowed to do whatever we want with things that we pay for our hard-earned money...
Lawmakers everywhere consider copying DVDs as equal to owning slaves. Gotta love those lobbyists.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Nah, copying DVDs is worse than owning slaves

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Drive-in | How do I convert VHS to DVD with my Macbook »