New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Imovie to Youtube Compression Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Earl

Earl is on a distinguished road

I saw a post earlier about this, but it still didn't fix my problem. Whenever I send a compressed movie from Quicktime to YouTube (After being edited in Imovie), the quality is terrible. here are my settings.

Video:
Compression Type: H.264
Frame Rate: Current fps
Key Frames: Every, 24 frames
Frame Reordering: Check (on)
Compressor Quality: A tad above medium
Encoding: Best Quality (Multi-pass)
Data Rate: Restrict to 1760 kbits/sec
Optimized for: Streaming

Size:
320 x 240 QVGA

Sound:
Format: AAC
Channels: Mono
Rate: 48.000 kHz
Render Settings:
Quality: Normal
MPEG Low Complexity AAC Encoder Settings:
Target Bit Rate: 40 kbps

Prepare for Interent Streaming, Fast Start.

How do I make my videos have the quality they should??

Thanks,
Earl
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

From most things I've read most of your choices look good. However there are three things that may help. I'd make the Compressor Quality as high as possible and not limit the Data Rate if possible. There is suppose to be a 100MB limit to the file you upload. Only if you are breaking that, start playing with the data rate.

Third; Another curious thing I've noticed in the last several months is that the content played back is larger that that 320x240 limit they used to suggest. I just found a page that says to upload at 640x480. I'm sure, just a few months ago, that page used to say 320x240. If you play the video that appears, you'll notice they only mention 320x240! One has to wonder how outdated that video is.

Your limit on uploading via non-MS Windows is 100MB. Using a special tool they have called YouTube Uploader, you can upload upto a 1GB file on MS Win. I couldn't find that tool.
QUOTE Thanks
Earl

So your saying I should up the compressor quality to best and get the data rate as high as possible without going over? Yeah, I saw that outdated YouTube video too. Someone should tell them to update it

P.S. How can I tell how big my movie is (in MB) before I compress it, so I don't exceed 100 MB by upping the data rate?

Thanks,
Earl
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl View Post
How can I tell how big my movie is (in MB) before I compress it, so I don't exceed 100 MB by upping the data rate?
Maybe VideoSpace can help with the calculations. I usually just wing it.
QUOTE Thanks
Earl

I can't find how to download it. There's no button or anything.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

Click on the "Get Freeware". It requires an e-mail address. I use a throw away address.
QUOTE Thanks
Earl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstep View Post
Click on the "Get Freeware". It requires an e-mail address. I use a throw away address.
Cool, thanks.

Earl
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Disc and case labelling | Video Smashing »