Thread: copy dvd to cd

nano
    copy dvd to cd
    I have made a video for the manufacturing company where I work for product and company presentations. They now want copies to be sent to the sales force to use out in the field. None of the laptops (IBM Thinkpads) are equipped with DVD-Roms, only CD-Roms. I work on a Mac (the only one in the company), for I do all the graphics and marketing materials. I know there is software for PCs to rip and burn DVDs to CDs, but I am having a problem finding any software or ways to do this via a Mac. The video is only 7 minutes long. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    If you have the original material. Can you just create a quicktime movie and burn that to a PC compatible CD.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
    This is a pretty long / complicated process. You can find tons of info at dvdrhelp.com and doom9.org.

Do you have any specific questions?

What format is the video in now, mpeg?

How do you want it to be for the CD-R's? Do you want a VideoCD or do you want it in some sort of media player format?
    Emrys
    Community Administrator / Moderator
    MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!

nano
    Quote Originally Posted by Emrys
    This is a pretty long / complicated process. You can find tons of info at dvdrhelp.com and doom9.org.

Do you have any specific questions?

What format is the video in now, mpeg?

How do you want it to be for the CD-R's? Do you want a VideoCD or do you want it in some sort of media player format?

I would like to have VCDs that the sales reps can play on their laptops out in the field.
    The format? Well, when the folder is opened on the desktop, it shows six locked files: VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.VOB, VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_0.VOB.

Specs:
    17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
    Do you have the master video file? In order to make a DVD it has to be in Mpeg2 format. Then you use some sort of mastering program to split it up into the VIDEO_TS stuff. So if you have the master, you manipulate that, instead of having to rip the DVD. I usually use a Win2K box to make DVD/SVCD's so I don't have a lot of info for you other than the method / theory of it. I would check out dvdrhelp.com. They have a Mac section that is pretty nice, and there is a forum there as well.
    Emrys
    Community Administrator / Moderator
    MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!

Thread Information