New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

copy dvd to cd

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nano

I have made a video for the manufacturing company where I work for product and company presentations. They now want copies to be sent to the sales force to use out in the field. None of the laptops (IBM Thinkpads) are equipped with DVD-Roms, only CD-Roms. I work on a Mac (the only one in the company), for I do all the graphics and marketing materials. I know there is software for PCs to rip and burn DVDs to CDs, but I am having a problem finding any software or ways to do this via a Mac. The video is only 7 minutes long. Can anyone help me figure this out?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

If you have the original material. Can you just create a quicktime movie and burn that to a PC compatible CD.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

Emrys is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

This is a pretty long / complicated process. You can find tons of info at dvdrhelp.com and doom9.org.

Do you have any specific questions?

What format is the video in now, mpeg?

How do you want it to be for the CD-R's? Do you want a VideoCD or do you want it in some sort of media player format?

Emrys
Community Administrator / Moderator
MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!
QUOTE Thanks
nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys
This is a pretty long / complicated process. You can find tons of info at dvdrhelp.com and doom9.org.

Do you have any specific questions?

What format is the video in now, mpeg?

How do you want it to be for the CD-R's? Do you want a VideoCD or do you want it in some sort of media player format?

I would like to have VCDs that the sales reps can play on their laptops out in the field.
The format? Well, when the folder is opened on the desktop, it shows six locked files: VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.VOB, VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_0.VOB.
QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

Emrys is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

Do you have the master video file? In order to make a DVD it has to be in Mpeg2 format. Then you use some sort of mastering program to split it up into the VIDEO_TS stuff. So if you have the master, you manipulate that, instead of having to rip the DVD. I usually use a Win2K box to make DVD/SVCD's so I don't have a lot of info for you other than the method / theory of it. I would check out dvdrhelp.com. They have a Mac section that is pretty nice, and there is a forum there as well.

Emrys
Community Administrator / Moderator
MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« DVD Recorders and my iMac | Capturing Stills from DVD »