New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

DVD Studio Pro - Plextor - Toast Problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GuruGeek2003

I'm having one heck of a time burning DVD's with the following:

G4 dual 800Mhz processor
512 MB Ram
Internal Burner (gives error or kills DVD's)
Plextor firewire burner (not found by DVD SP 3)
IDVD
DVD Studio Pro 3
Toast Lite

Here's the problem(s) I encounter:

If I use IDVD or DVD Studio Pro and the internal DVD burner that came with the G4 originally, 99% of the time I get a "Recording device reported the media error L-EC. Uncorrectable error (0x11, 0x05). This stops the entire process and the DVD is ruined. 1% of the time the burn process goes all the way through but the DVD is not readable in any other DVD drive. I've googled for that error but have not found anything definate. I have 100 of these blank DVD's and have used them without a problem on other systems. Can anyone tell me what this error means exactly?

I have a brand new firewire Plextor double burning drive. It burns both CD's and DVD's. I can burn CD's with no problem. DVD Studio Pro 3 will not list the plextor drive in the destination drop down box. Anyone seen this problem before?

If I use the version of Toast Lite which came with the plextor, I can burn DVD's but they're only readable in PC's. Mac's and tv top DVD players won't even recognize them. Any idea why this is?

Would purchasing the full version of TOAST remedy my problems? Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

TIA,
Roger
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Couple of questions.

What brand of DVDs are you using?
What format of DVDs are you using (i.e. DVD-R, DVD+R)?

I know there is a hack to get iDVD to work with an external drive. I forget what it is right now. But if you search this board, you should find it.

Toast does burn DVDs also. I have burned a few, but I like iDVD better. I normally use DVD-R form my videos, but I was told on this board that DVD+R are okay also.

I have not tried the DVD+Rs on home DVD player yet, I know the DVD-Rs do work.

As for DVD brands, I have only used Fujii, Imation, Verbatim and Apple. I have not tried any of the cheap house brands.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« copy DVD program. | My G5 closes FC when trying to render »