Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
    Importing 12 min video to iMov1e: 150 minutes???
    I have a video clip that originally came from a VHS tape I put onto DVD then onto my MBP via Handbrake (MP4, 30 FPS). I wanted to edit it, so I started importing it to iMovie and now iMovie is telling me it will take 150 minutes to import this low def 12 minute video clip!

What's up with that? Is that normal?? I can't imagine trying to use any substantial amount of video with this program if this is normal, and I don't even want to think about high def. That could take weeks to import!

This is my first time using imovie, so if anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it.
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

No, that's not normal. Even though it's converting it in the process, it shouldn't take that long.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Some times the import clock give you a bad estimate of time. How long did it really take to import the clip?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    I don't know exactly how long it took. I went to bed and let it finish the job on it's own. But I was sitting there at least 20-30 minutes while it was importing and the funny thing is the clock didn't ever go down from 150 and the completion bar barely moved.

Even 20-30 minutes for such a small file seems excessive.
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

Specs:
    After trying to work with the clip I imported, I find iMovie to be extremely laggy. I keep getting the "Beachball of death" and the mouse is jumping all over the place. It's impossible to work with! I think I'll have to try to old version and hope it works better.

Thread Information