New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

IMovie to YouTube

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jrod81

jrod81 is on a distinguished road

I used this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fr82Rl_CTWY
But the video was basically still photos and not fluid motion... I used black and white, is that why perhaps?
Let me know if there is a step by step tutorial on how to load imovie content onto youtube.
thanks
QUOTE Thanks
jrod81

here is a link to the video so you see what it is doing. someone direct me, i need help apparently.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVl3TsqqHhs
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

You don't describe what problem you are having.

That tutorial your referenced was good enough to get people started. He did have one error I noticed; He described using 24fps when what he was pointing at was the key frame occurence.

The general rule I've heard is to make the highest quality video you can on your end to fit the file size youtube will accept, which I think is 100MB. Remember that their tools are going to reprocess your content, so you want to give them the best that you can.

Here is a lafcpug tutorial regarding youtube uploading. Take the ideas, as it is geared towards Apples pro tools if I recall properly.
QUOTE Thanks
jrod81

i will give that tutorial a shot then.
i can't really say what my problems are bc i am not sure what the problem is. i followed that guy's instructions and my video turned out choppy (see the link i left above)
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Your video is no longer available. Perhaps you are updating it as I write this.

I'd check the frames per second you set. Make it 30fps if that is what your source was. Then when you save the file, open it in QuickTime and play it back and check the fps playback via the info window.
QUOTE Thanks
jrod81

new attempt worked, but bad quality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9eWtrTRPOY
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

Open the file you saved from iMovie in Quicktime and open the Show Movie Inspector via the Window menu item. Check the 'Normal Size' for the native size you have saved it in. Then check the 'Data Rate' which you probably do not want to limit when saving from iMovie. Finally, note the 'Format' which should be H.264.

I also just noticed that on the YouTube page where it has a field to copy the embed link, the size is 425x350. Did you upload a file of that dimension? When I uploaded something a few minutes ago, I couldn't see an option to set the size. Is Youtube maybe allowing larger images now? Try increasing the size of you iMovie output.

EDIT: I added a video with just pictures. First in color and then in black and white. The quality seemed good to me. Neither were washed out like yours was. I've since removed them as this was only an experiment.
QUOTE Thanks
hterriup

hterriup is on a distinguished road

The quality isn't very good I'd say.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Just dowloaded 3 movies from iTunes - I can't burn them? | Putting DVDs on external hard drive »