New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

copy DVD program.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

design2

hey guys,

i was informed recently that it is legal to copy your own dvds to have as backup discs and use for personal use so i got a dvd burner which is all good but the software it came with gives me copyright protection.

So a friend told me DvdXcopy but you gotta pay like $100 for that and its in the USA and i wouldnt even know if it was any good.

I have tried a trial version of CopyDVD and it works fine EXCEPT is wont allow me to specify what i want on the dvd for example if the dvd is too big to fit on one dvd , but the actual movie it self could fit . I know you can get a program whereby you select which material and menus you want , does anyone have any recommendations.

This topic might be in the wrong place or stated before so please forward me if so.

Design2
QUOTE Thanks
MAC-simus

MAC-simus has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2GHz C2D macbook

you can use DVDbackup (free) to extract DVD files on you hard disc and later process them with DVD2oneX (49$) to scale it down to 4.7 GB consumer DVD
QUOTE Thanks
The Trooper

The Trooper is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC-simus
you can use DVDbackup (free) to extract DVD files on you hard disc and later process them with DVD2oneX (49$) to scale it down to 4.7 GB consumer DVD
There's actually a program called Fast DVD Copy (http://www.fastdvdcopy.com) that will copy a DVD and fit it onto a consumer 4.7 GB disk in about 90 minutes. It lets you customize what you want on the disk, but it doesn't give you the freedom that using 3 apps does.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« S-video to Scart gives black/white image on TV | DVD Studio Pro - Plextor - Toast Problems »