design2
    copy DVD program.
    hey guys,

i was informed recently that it is legal to copy your own dvds to have as backup discs and use for personal use so i got a dvd burner which is all good but the software it came with gives me copyright protection.

So a friend told me DvdXcopy but you gotta pay like $100 for that and its in the USA and i wouldnt even know if it was any good.

I have tried a trial version of CopyDVD and it works fine EXCEPT is wont allow me to specify what i want on the dvd for example if the dvd is too big to fit on one dvd , but the actual movie it self could fit . I know you can get a program whereby you select which material and menus you want , does anyone have any recommendations.

This topic might be in the wrong place or stated before so please forward me if so.

Design2

Specs:
    2GHz C2D macbook
    you can use DVDbackup (free) to extract DVD files on you hard disc and later process them with DVD2oneX (49$) to scale it down to 4.7 GB consumer DVD

Specs:
    20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC-simus
    you can use DVDbackup (free) to extract DVD files on you hard disc and later process them with DVD2oneX (49$) to scale it down to 4.7 GB consumer DVD
    There's actually a program called Fast DVD Copy (http://www.fastdvdcopy.com) that will copy a DVD and fit it onto a consumer 4.7 GB disk in about 90 minutes. It lets you customize what you want on the disk, but it doesn't give you the freedom that using 3 apps does.

Thread Information