New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Digital Animation and Video Basics

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

Can I take digital images (png files for instance) and assemble them as a movie? Is it easy?

The first part seems as if it should be an obvious yes, and the second does too. Take a bunch of sequential images, dump them into some tool (iMovie?), and voila, out pops a movie.

The images would be of uniform size, produced by tools I already have. No image manipulation would be required of the movie creation tool. Each movie would be a couple minutes long. No sound track would be required.

Thanks in advance!

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
Joe Redifer

Joe Redifer will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc

Apps like Adobe After Effects can import image groups, but you might want to try QuickMovie. It works very well, just be sure to press the "sort images" button. If there is a way to do this with Quicktime Pro alone, then it's beyond me.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Yeah, After Effects will do this. I would suggest using an image format like PICT as it will ultimately look better than a PNG in the final export.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Joe Redifer

PICT is just a container format which can have all sorts of compression. How will it look better than PNG... isn't that lossless?
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

Thank you everyone!

When I looked at Adobe After Effects I about choked on the price. Ah the joys of software, eh? While this will be for work, it's uh, sort of a skunk works project. Occasionally I do things people don't want and tell me explicitly NOT to do. I do them anyway and sometimes the results are used by lots of people, senior management included. Alternatively QuickMovie looks to be much more affordable. I've also looked at iMovie '06 and documentation on it, and that too might be an option.

At the very least I have access to ImageMagic, which supposedly allows creation of mpeg videos from single images assuming you have the needed plugins. Whether I can get the right plugins working through DarwinPorts on my Mac or not I don't know, but I'll try that. Alternatively I have ImageMagic on the Linux lab machines at work. I also get very good support from the system administrators at work, so if something isn't available or working I can get them to make it function.

I'd prefer to do all of it on my Mac. I've been immersing myself into the Mac, much as I did 10 years ago when I went to Linux. In the end I'll do it on whatever platform works, but if it were all on the Mac that would be Very Cool.

Thanks again!

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
Joe Redifer

Yeah. Quickmovie. Like I linked to.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« a.pack config prob with DVD SP | imovie 06 or 08 »