New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Want to capture me playing halo

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TenderSurrender

TenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)

Yup just as the thread title suggests, I would like an app that would allow me to record video (in game) of me playing Halo so I can later edit it and then throw it up on youtube.

Free software is greatly prefered.

Ive already tried Copernicus but that just crashes every time i try to launch screen capture within game.

Thanks in advance

~~ TS ~~

JEMDNA Photography - Clicky to see latest work
“Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it.”
QUOTE Thanks
Ryan13

Ryan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really nice

See if this helps T.S.
QUOTE Thanks
TenderSurrender

TenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)

Hey Ryan13 Thanks for the link

Unfortuntly that software is more suited for capturing INPUT sources such as consoles or TV. Im running Halo within OSX so it doesnt see it as an input. (Not to mention its only a 15day demo as well)

Thanks anyway Ryan!

~~ TS ~~

JEMDNA Photography - Clicky to see latest work
“Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it.”
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

Screen Mimic has the best frame rate, that I've found. But your system will still most likely choke. Your best bet is to output to a capture device.
QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

EDIT-XTREEM has a spectacular aura about

Or, iShowU is the cheapest, at only $20. http://www.shinywhitebox.com/home/home.html

I have used iShowU for all my screencapturing, and it works pretty good. You can go up to 40 frames per second.

EDIT: they have a video on their site of paying WoW on https://www.shinywhitebox.com/home/tips/tips.html, its the last video

Mac Pro (Early 2009) 8 Core 2.26 GHz, 6 GB Ram, 640 GB Drive. Dell 2408WFP.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Blackmagic Design Decklink SP PCIe | discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs. »