Burning .avi files to play on topset DVD player
    Help please! I'm at the end of my rope.
    What I'd like to do is quite simple, really. I have a few .avi files I want to burn to a dvd (to play on a topset DVD player). First off, I've already converted all the .avi files to VOB format, so they're ready to go. However, when I assemble them all together, the total size is more than 4.7G, thus I need to compress the files. So, I compressed the VOB files using DVD2oneX2, burned the DVD and everything came out great -except that I can't skip through the different files, in other words there are no chapters. I have to fast forward!
    In addition, I can't use Toast to compress because it doesn't allow you to burn multiple VOB files onto one disc!
    Any help is appreciated.

New Mexico, USA
    15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    Use iDVD, set up your chapters, then in preferences there should be a setting that says Best Quality. This makes it fit whatever volume of info you have onto the DVD at the best possibel quality.

I haven't had much luck with iDVD. It doesn't have any compressor in it. If the video goes over 2 hrs., or 4.2G, you're out of luck.
    I'd like to know how to edit IFO files (I believe those are the right ones) so I can create my own chapters, then I'd use DVD2one to burn the VOB files and be done with it. Trouble is, I haven't been able to find any IFO editing software for mac!

Burning multiple avi files to play on topset dvd player
    Okay, after buckets and buckets of blood, sweat and tears I finally figured out a way to burn many .avi files to a single dvd. All you need is Toast. Just click on "DVD/Video" and drag all of your .avi files. Then save it as a disc image, which will take a little while to complete. Then, in Toast go to Copy (on the left side of the screen) then to Image File. That way, you can use the "fit to dvd compression". Et voilą!!!

Calgary, Canada

download this. its pretty easy to use.... just make sure that you check the option "create a fully compatible dvd" in the prefs.

Thread Information