New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

best video format when posting online?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ferritt

ferritt is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP - 24" white iMac - 16gb white iphone3G - 20gb iPod colour

Got some videos that I would like to add to my .mac web gallery. I recorded these on my digital camera. Original format of them was avi but each video was about 30 - 40mb (no more than a minute long. I converted using visual hub to mp4 with the 320 pixels and the H.264 option selected to save space. The videos are now no more than 2mb each. Now the problem is that these files dont play it says in safari that quicktime cannot play these files. But I can see the thumbnail of them? Whats the best format to use?

cheers
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Probably the most universally accessible format at a small size would be flv or Flash video but .Mac doesn't have a flash video player.

You may want to try just converting to an MP4, not H.264 and see if that helps.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
ferritt

ferritt is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP - 24" white iMac - 16gb white iphone3G - 20gb iPod colour

yeah converting to just mp4 work a reat. Managed to get the videos down to 11mb each.

cheers for that.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Transitions in Final Cut Express HD | Playing DVDs »