New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iMac Suddenly Stopped Recognizing Canon ZR800

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

arrow!head

arrow!head is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MB Pro

My Canon ZR800 was working with iMovie, happy as could be.

Suddenly my Mac won't recognize the camera. I have tried resetting the date and time on the camera, power cycling everything, rebooting the mac, switching firewire ports, etc.

There are a few variables between when it was working, and when it stopped. The first is, I acquired an M-Audio FireWire Solo interface, installed the driver, and started using it. Since I have used the M-Audio device, the Mac will not recognize the camera. I am not trying to use both devices at the same time.

The second variable is, just before my first failed attempt to connect the ZR800, I had connected my iPod. Realizing that the camera may not be able to "coexist" with another firewire device, I disconnected the iPod and tried the camera in either port. Still not working.

I know it's not just iMovie, because iChat won't recognize the camera either, which it did before. The camera seems to think it is connected, because it blinks "DV-IN."

The cable situation: I had been using a 4 to 6 pin cable that came with an audio device. It was working fine. When it stopped working I tried a duplicate of the same cable to no avail. Is this a cable issue? If so, why was it working before?

I just bought the camera for a specific project and am totally bufuddled as to why it was working fine, and now suddenly isn't recognized. Please help!

Thanks,

Nic
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Which compression do you use? | Working with Premiere & Final Cut? »