New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Wirelessly Transmitting video

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Galil3o

Galil3o is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: C2D Macbook Pro

I've got it all set up. My macbook pro, a 42" HDTV, a massive 1 TB external harddrive hooked up to my airport extreme base station, and an airport express along with the program airfoil to play itunes and any other program's audio wirelessly. I'm only missing one thing.... I have to hook up my macbook pro to the HDTV using s-video.

My question is, is it possible to transmit video from my macbook pro to a tv? Essential connect my macbook pro and HDTV wirelessly so that the tv comes up as a second monitor that I can pull windows onto. I dont want to have to plug anything into my macbook pro, I'd like it to be a piece of hardware connected to the tv that goes through my airport extreme base station and is connected to my laptop via software. Anyone have any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
bmcgonag

bmcgonag will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram

Apple TV and N wireless.
QUOTE Thanks
Galil3o

Galil3o is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: C2D Macbook Pro

So if I convert all my files to mp4 with a surround sound codec and put them in itunes, will apple tv be able to play them with 5.1 surround sound through the optical audio port?
QUOTE Thanks
bmcgonag

bmcgonag will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram

I think...and I only think...someone else will have to verify, but I think apple tv requires h.264 encoding, which is still mp4...just smaller file size at better quality...I could be wrong though...as far as surround sound, i'm afraid I don't kno w about that one. Sorry.

Brian
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Will my AVCHD Camcorder with a hard drive work with iMovie '08? | Movie's and iTunes »