andersrpers
    Burn iMovie film to DVD via Toast
    Just got a Lacie external burner with Toast Titanium and want to burn an iMovie I just made (1 hr and 29 minutes long) to a DVD. Any advice on how to do that? Thanks

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Run the Toast application. Click on the video tab. Select DVD-Video, then choose NTSC or PAL depending on where you are. Next go to the iMovie project folder. Find the movie file (i.e. project name.mov), then drag and drop on the Toast video tab window. You should see a little movie in the window. All you have to do is click the burn button, located near the lower, right of the window. Depending on the speed of your processor, it could take a long time. For me on my system it would take about 10 to 12 hours to convert the file to mpeg2 and about an hour to burn the DVD at 1X on my LaCie DVD burner.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

andersrpers
    Thanks!!!
    Thanks! I am currently doing what you suggested. It says "encoding..." is that the part that will take awhile. Very little seems to be happening but i assume that's normal?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by rman
    Run the Toast application. Click on the video tab. Select DVD-Video, then choose NTSC or PAL depending on where you are. Next go to the iMovie project folder. Find the movie file (i.e. project name.mov), then drag and drop on the Toast video tab window. You should see a little movie in the window. All you have to do is click the burn button, located near the lower, right of the window. Depending on the speed of your processor, it could take a long time. For me on my system it would take about 10 to 12 hours to convert the file to mpeg2 and about an hour to burn the DVD at 1X on my LaCie DVD burner.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Yes, the encoding part takes a long time. Just be patient.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Thread Information