New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

If Anyone Can Help It Would Be Great.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Johnny

Johnny is on a distinguished road

I presently have a ibook G4

The notebook is a great little machine. It was my very first introduction to the MAC world.

Here is my issue. I just got this awesome sony HD Camcorder. (SR7) It format's the hi-def footage on AVCHD. The footage is unreal and the still are fantastic. The stupid program that Sony supplied is for PC only.
I need a program that can let me transfer the video to my MAC. I have read around and they say FCP can do it but the program is like 1000K (Screw that) I have Imovie 5 and it doesn't support the file format. I am kind of stuck and need help. I do not want to return the camera simply because of compatibility issues. I know I am not the first with this problem. CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE.

JC
QUOTE Thanks
Del

Del has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ

Final Cut Express HD ?
QUOTE Thanks
bmcgonag

bmcgonag will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram

upgrade to iMovieHD?
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

those are my two suggestions....and btw you have a Mac, not a MAC...there is a difference
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Final Cut Studio 2 just added that ability to import the AVCHD last month. Actual if I understand the situation, it actually converts it to the Apple Prores codec.

The Apple consumer products do not handle that format as far as I know. Perhaps one of the convertion programs available will do it. Somehow I doubt that though.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Videos for web | Sync audo for .avi »