New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Rip streaming video from GOOGLE?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

QuickQuestion

QuickQuestion is on a distinguished road

I am trying to figure out a way to get some streaming video into my project for final cut or atleast save it to my computer to convert it.

I have seen a million programs that convert files for PC and all that jazz but not much for Mac. Any advice?
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

If you have firefox, you can get the Video Download plug-in and download any video from YouTube, but unfortunately it doesn't work with Good Video.

Hope that helps
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

SnapX should work, just use the trial version, I used it the other day.

EDIT: Sorry it's SNAPZ, not SnapX. My bad
QUOTE Thanks
Del

Del has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ

Snapz X Pro i think is the proper name of that app, well worth the money
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Snapz Pro X will let you record what's on screen... but that's no so ideal for streaming videos.

I'd suggest using a site such as http://vixy.net/ to download clips off of video sharing sites instead. Just make sure they're legal before doing so.

Google Video actually has a feature like that built-in:
QUOTE Thanks
lancevan123

lancevan123 is on a distinguished road

Snapz X Pro works really well. I was so frustrated with this process until I found this program--a big thanks to todd51 and del.
QUOTE Thanks
TheCrudMan

TheCrudMan is on a distinguished road

In safari you can go to Window: Activity, and locate the file (Google video uses flash I believe, not streaming) it will be the largest file in the activity window. Then option-click the name and it will download it, and then you can give it a .flv extension if it is a flash movie, and play it in quicktime, and convert it. You may need some plugins for quicktime (Perian and the like) or you could use Mpeg Streamclip. This also works for YouTube, the file name for youtube is usually get_video
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Like this question hasn't already been asked a million times on this very forum. People really need to learn how to do a search first.

Yea. I'm in a mood today.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstep View Post
Like this question hasn't already been asked a million times on this very forum. People really need to learn how to do a search first.

Yea. I'm in a mood today.
Actually if you look at the original post, this post is ancient.

Stop digging up the dead people!
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post
Actually if you look at the original post, this post is ancient.

Stop digging up the dead people!
LOL.
QUOTE Thanks
rounak

rounak is an unknown at this point

really? could not do it for this

http://mediaservers.vtc.com/player/movieplayer.php?cipher=0co30ed|2r|4|p-7ps|t1si3|i|2lu|pat|spt-ee&size=large

plz help
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HD footage - from cam to disk playback | Final Cut Express? Adobe Premiere? I need some advice... »