Specs:
    3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
    Netflix Videos On Demand
    So I have Netflix, and I love it.

One thing I dont love though is how their online viewing of movies isn't open to Macs =( Any ideas why? It doesn't say a word about it on their site.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by Netfilx
    What are the system requirements to watch movies instantly on my PC?
    You must have a computer running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or higher, or Windows Vista; Internet Explorer version 6 or higher; Windows Media Player version 9 or higher; an active broadband connection to the Internet; 1.0 GHz processor; 512 MB RAM; 3 GB free hard disk drive space.
    Judging by that response, I would speculate that they use some sort of Windows only DRM to encode the movies.
    Why don't they open it up for Mac? Because they either don't know how or they are lazy, IMO.

Personally, I would rather have the actual disc so I can view it on my television and not my computer screen. If I wanted to watch it on my computer, I can always put the disc in.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
    Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
    Judging by that response, I would speculate that they use some sort of Windows only DRM to encode the movies.
    Why don't they open it up for Mac? Because they either don't know how or they are lazy, IMO.

Personally, I would rather have the actual disc so I can view it on my television and not my computer screen. If I wanted to watch it on my computer, I can always put the disc in.
    I hear ya. Its always better to have the disc itself. But every once in awhile, I'd like to sit back and watch a movie without having to put in on my list. Or maybe watch one while my movies are on the way.

Good answer though, thanks =)

Thread Information