New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

log and capture help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Stang7tl

Stang7tl is on a distinguished road

hi
when i use my final cut pro 4.5 hd and connect my sony handycam it some time wont show in the preview screen it starts off working but if i start and stop a lot or slow mo it it freezes but the controls still work through log and capture but just wont show current frame?
HELP

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Are you capturing your clips one at a time?
It might be easier if you log your clips first, then do a batch capture.
That way you can just "set it and forget it"

As far as the controls 'freezing', it could be due to RAM issues. How much RAM do you have and what machine are you capturing the footage on?

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Stang7tl

g4 dual 533mhz digital audio with 768 ram
i capture one at a time because it is surfing skimboarding or skateboarding and a lot of the file is junk and stuff
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang7tl View Post
g4 dual 533mhz digital audio with 768 ram
i capture one at a time because it is surfing skimboarding or skateboarding and a lot of the file is junk and stuff
That is even more of a reason to do a batch capture. You go through the whole tape once, logging clips, then one final step captures it.

And you would definitely benefit from more RAM. The dualie G4 is fine as it is. I have FCP 4.5 on my PowerBook (1.67 GHz) and I have 2GB of RAM. That might be overkill in your situation, but you might want to consider upping your RAM to at least 1GB if you plan on doing some more regular work with the app.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Stang7tl

yea will i am selling this computer just using it till my g4 mirrored door dual 1.0 with 2gb of ram shows up
thanks and ill try that
QUOTE Thanks
Stang7tl

i have final cut pro 4.5 hd and i am using a sony dcr-hc21 and a jvc and sometimes when i go to capture video to the mac it just want work it will say no video it will start off ok but it just craps out sometime and wont even show video in the preview box. can anyone help me ?
thanls
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Edit avi's (DivX) | Editing on a Macbook Pro... good idea? »