New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Files in iMovie HD trash?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ToddSpoth.com

ToddSpoth.com is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.83 MBP, 1.5GB ram

I used my macbook pro to record some movie clips into an imovie HD project when the program quit unexpetedly. when i reopened the project the 7 or so clips were in the trash. the clips are previewable but dont respond to dragging back into the project. i really dont want to lose the clips, do i have any options to get them back into the project. they are obviously still there.

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
bmcgonag

bmcgonag will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddSpoth.com View Post
I used my macbook pro to record some movie clips into an imovie HD project when the program quit unexpetedly. when i reopened the project the 7 or so clips were in the trash. the clips are previewable but dont respond to dragging back into the project. i really dont want to lose the clips, do i have any options to get them back into the project. they are obviously still there.

thanks
Try to use finder and find the actual files on your drive, and then move them from their current location to somewhere that you can find them, then pull them back in.

Brian
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

In the bottom right corner of the iMovie window you should see the trash can. Click on the trash can and a window should pop up. Drag the clips from the window to either the time line or the clip window. You should be okay then.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
ToddSpoth.com

ToddSpoth.com is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.83 MBP, 1.5GB ram

ive tried the dragging the files from the trash to no avail. finder isnt working either. any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
sjtaylor84

sjtaylor84 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro Core2Duo, 2.33Ghz, 2GB Ram, 15.4"

couldn't you find the files by right clicking on the imovie project file and going into show package contents?

Simon:-)
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

If you clicked on the iMovie trash can. You should have gotten a window with the name trash in prject_name. From there you should be able to drag the clip from the preview pane to the time line or the clip pane. If the trash window is empty, then your clip is gone.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need some help with toast | delayed video playback for training »