Specs:
    1.83 MBP, 1.5GB ram
    Files in iMovie HD trash?
    I used my macbook pro to record some movie clips into an imovie HD project when the program quit unexpetedly. when i reopened the project the 7 or so clips were in the trash. the clips are previewable but dont respond to dragging back into the project. i really dont want to lose the clips, do i have any options to get them back into the project. they are obviously still there.

thanks

Specs:
    15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddSpoth.com View Post
    I used my macbook pro to record some movie clips into an imovie HD project when the program quit unexpetedly. when i reopened the project the 7 or so clips were in the trash. the clips are previewable but dont respond to dragging back into the project. i really dont want to lose the clips, do i have any options to get them back into the project. they are obviously still there.

thanks
    Try to use finder and find the actual files on your drive, and then move them from their current location to somewhere that you can find them, then pull them back in.

Brian

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    In the bottom right corner of the iMovie window you should see the trash can. Click on the trash can and a window should pop up. Drag the clips from the window to either the time line or the clip window. You should be okay then.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    1.83 MBP, 1.5GB ram
    ive tried the dragging the files from the trash to no avail. finder isnt working either. any suggestions?

Specs:
    Macbook Pro Core2Duo, 2.33Ghz, 2GB Ram, 15.4"
    couldn't you find the files by right clicking on the imovie project file and going into show package contents?

Simon:-)

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    If you clicked on the iMovie trash can. You should have gotten a window with the name trash in prject_name. From there you should be able to drag the clip from the preview pane to the time line or the clip pane. If the trash window is empty, then your clip is gone.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Thread Information