Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    TheMonkeyProjec
    Guest
    Need some help with toast
    I'm trying to make a dvd from some WMV format video clips i have on my hard drive.

    I set everything up in toast, and told it to start burning, the problem was, 24 hours later and it was STILL encoding the movies. Is this normal? if not, what am i doing wrong??

    FYI: I'm using an Imac C2D 2.16ghz, 1GB ram, 256mb video, and toast 8 titanium.

    Thanks in advance...

  2. #2


    Member Since
    Jun 30, 2007
    Posts
    25
    I just got Toast 8 as well, and it took a very long time, i would say prob several hours..but it eventually finished. I dont think it should be taking as long as it did, however maybe the program just stopped responding and failed to tell you.

    The one complain i have with toast 8 however is that I have some episodes of WEEDS downloaded, which look amazing when i play them on my iMac, but burnt them to a dvd and went to play them on the tv upstairs, and they looked like the worst quality video that i have ever seen. good luck with toast. as far as dvd burning goes, i just came from windows XP, and i would say it was much easier.

  3. #3
    TheMonkeyProjec
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mnh101 View Post
    I just got Toast 8 as well, and it took a very long time, i would say prob several hours..but it eventually finished. I dont think it should be taking as long as it did, however maybe the program just stopped responding and failed to tell you.

    The one complain i have with toast 8 however is that I have some episodes of WEEDS downloaded, which look amazing when i play them on my iMac, but burnt them to a dvd and went to play them on the tv upstairs, and they looked like the worst quality video that i have ever seen. good luck with toast. as far as dvd burning goes, i just came from windows XP, and i would say it was much easier.
    Wow, i was almost certain that your reply about windows would at least incite SOME SORT of help...

  4. #4

    XMARLTONX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 14, 2007
    Location
    Marlton, NJ
    Posts
    852
    Specs:
    3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
    I have had videos take upwards of 5 hours to encode and burn, but never 24. Perhaps you could tone down the quality setting? Also, you could try using ffmpg (or something close to that name) to convert it to another format such as .avi and then try burning.

    Goodluck.

    P.S.

    If your dvd player is divx compatiable, you could burn it as that.

  5. #5


    Member Since
    Jun 30, 2007
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMonkeyProjec View Post
    Wow, i was almost certain that your reply about windows would at least incite SOME SORT of help...

    it does, go to windows if you want easy DVD burning. Way more programs out there that make it way easier ... and faster. but thats my personal preference.

  6. #6
    Toast doesnt support WMV Files. I don't know why you would want to convert WMV to a DVD file. WMV is a very compressed version of the original file. At the very least you would want to use an .AVI file.

    Also The program MARLTON suggested is FFMPEGX but that doesnt support WMV either.

  7. #7
    TheMonkeyProjec
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nepgunes View Post
    Toast doesnt support WMV Files. I don't know why you would want to convert WMV to a DVD file. WMV is a very compressed version of the original file. At the very least you would want to use an .AVI file.

    Also The program MARLTON suggested is FFMPEGX but that doesnt support WMV either.
    well...it's not that i WANT to use a wmv file...it's the fact that the file is wmv, and i don't have much of a choice in the matter...lol

  8. #8
    I would suggest not trying to burn the WMV to DVD and just watch it on your computer...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. .toast file and Toast 9
    By dkohl25 in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 11:01 PM
  2. toast 9.0
    By mac attak in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 08:37 AM
  3. Toast 8
    By Mufasa in forum Movies and Video
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 01:17 AM
  4. Toast 7
    By EDIT-XTREEM in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 11:25 PM
  5. Toast Anywhere
    By staffkeeper in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •