Thread: DVD Regions

DVD Regions
    Hi,

I currently have a mac pro with two superdrives. I live in a region-2 area. I watch a lot of region-2 movies (like from local blockbuster), but I also own region-1 US movies. Until now I have refrained from changing the region-2 setting because you have a limited number of changes (5). Is it possible to set 1 drive to region-2 and 1 drive to region-1? If so, how do i do that?

Thanks in advance

Specs:
    MacBook

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Sorry, I have read every thread in that search and have not found the answer to my question.

Thanks

Specs:
    MacBook
    From the link supplied in this response from the very first thread in a search:

Quote Originally Posted by Link provided in search result
    On some Macs, it is possible to do complicated reflashing of BIOSes to get around this, but not on all, and that has its own dangers.

Instead, just play your DVDs using VLC. It just ignores region encoding, letting you play whatever DVD you like (it works this way with the PC version, too, in case you have one of those in addition to your Mac). It has a number of other nice features, like letting you skip previously-unskippable parts of DVDs ... and you can even take screenshots.
    In short, the answer was there, though it may not be the answer you thought it should be.

All of the threads state how it is unnecessary to change a DVD region code when there are players (VLC) that will simply ignore the restriction anyway.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Thread Information