New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Everio USB/Firewire

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

marley45

marley45 is an unknown at this point

Is it possible to find a 6pin to firewire cable? And if so is it still possible to use firewire on everios even though they only come with USB?
QUOTE Thanks
bmcgonag

bmcgonag will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram

I don't think you can use firewire on an everio that only comes with USB, though I have seen some USB to Firewire converter cables...not sure how well they work, but pretty sure that it won't let you outpot the video for importing in realtime...which I'm guessing is what you are wanting to do.

Just import the video files (.mod) from the camera to your computer via USB file transfer, and convert them from there.

Brian
QUOTE Thanks
marley45

Hey yeh thats what ive been doing although some of my footage files come up abit distorted with black lines throughout them when movement occurs an example is at is there a name 4 these black lines? (doesnt come up that bad in this size video but once played on tv is very noticable... i thought if u could use firewire it could stop this as the other footage i have used of dv taped cameras is perfect and that uses firewire. The footage is fine viewed on camera screen..
I use ffmpeg the transfer to .dv files!! Please help
QUOTE Thanks
marley45

Hey yeh thats what ive been doing although some of my footage files come up abit distorted with black lines throughout them when movement occurs an example is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0WZC-VQzig is there a name 4 these black lines? (doesnt come up that bad in this size video but once played on tv is very noticable... i thought if u could use firewire it could stop this as the other footage i have used of dv taped cameras is perfect and that uses firewire. The footage is fine viewed on camera screen..
I use ffmpeg the transfer to .dv files!! Please help
QUOTE Thanks
bmcgonag

bmcgonag will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram

I read about this problem the other day, and it is something to do with the record mode or rercord standard you are using. So NTSC is 29.97 frames per second, and your TV tries to scan at that rate, but if you recorded in PAL which is 30 fps, then you get black lines, and vice versa i imagine from PAL tv with recorded NTSC settings.

Also could have something to do with interlacing the video during conversion. May be a setting for de-interlace that needs to be selected/un-selected.

if you can't find the answer here....search on forums.macrumors.com in the digital video section.

Best,

Brain
QUOTE Thanks
marley45

I ended up using Capty Mpeg which came with the camera switching from ffmpeg, which was a great help as the black lines stopped occuring, although i have not watched on TV screen yet but will let u know wat happens!! And will take your advice if doesnt work!!
The onl prob with Capty (minor) is that the footage colour seems to be dimmer once encoded through this!!! but this is no prob at all!!!
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« AVI. to DVD converter | black lines throughout playback of movie URGENT ASSESSMENT »