New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

which lcd monitor/display for video...help pleeeze!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ms612

ms612 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,
going a little bonkers here. finally did it, got a mac pro and final cut studio 2 yay!
now what I've spent the most time in trying to figure out, it's crazy-- is what brand of monitor/display to get for video editing? I have a 17" westinghouse and wanted my main screen to be 22". Also wanted to spend under $400. But I can't find real opinions and image quality ratings from people who use it for video.
NEC? Samsung? Dell? HP?
(by the way I thought I'd settled on a Dell but they are out of stock everywhere until August and I don't want to wait that long).

also what resolution and contrast ratio are you using?

Please help I'm going bananas!!
thanks in advance for your advice
QUOTE Thanks
CAMERA MAN

CAMERA MAN is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Mac Book Pro 2.4ghz 6gb Ram 320gb HD - G5 2x2.0ghz- 23" Apple Display - 2 Sony FX1s

Did you check ebay for the Dells, I remember they had new and used ones for very good prices.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« video footage. | .avi burning problem »