New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Final Cut Pro 5.1 and RAM

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CAMERA MAN

CAMERA MAN is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Mac Book Pro 2.4ghz 6gb Ram 320gb HD - G5 2x2.0ghz- 23" Apple Display - 2 Sony FX1s

Hi I just bought final cut pro 5.1 studio of ebay. I needed to upgrade from express to studio and the powerbook isn't going to able to run color so I think that's the best buy right now. I have a 15" g4 powerbook 1.33ghz 1gb ram and 64mb graphic card. I want to be able to cut down rendering time so I'm thinking about upgrading and adding another stick of 1 gb ram to make two gigs. Will that help speed up rendering alot, I'm pretty sure it will but what would be better even though I know the processor can't be upgraded but what would be best for rendering a better processor or 2 gb ram. I am doing dv and hdv editing as well but more dv then anything. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
CAMERA MAN

CAMERA MAN is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Mac Book Pro 2.4ghz 6gb Ram 320gb HD - G5 2x2.0ghz- 23" Apple Display - 2 Sony FX1s

Any help?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple
Minimum Requirements to Install All Final Cut Studio Applications
  • 1GB of RAM
Recommended Configurations

The following are recommended for all applications:
  • 2GB of RAM when working with compressed HD and uncompressed SD sources
  • 4GB of RAM when working with uncompressed HD sources
Available Disk Space
  • 4GB of disk space required to install all applications (Final Cut Pro, Color, DVD Studio Pro, Soundtrack Pro, Motion, Cinema Tools, LiveType, Compressor, and Apple Qmaster)
  • Additional 55GB required to install all optional templates, content, and tutorials (may be installed on separate disks):
    • 9GB for DVD Studio Pro content
    • 8GB for Motion templates and tutorial media
    • 24GB for Soundtrack Pro audio content
    • 12GB for LiveFonts and LiveType animated elements and templates
    • 2GB for Apple Pro Training Final Cut Studio Tutorials media
Final Cut Studio 2. System Requirements.

Hopefully this will help. I have installed 4GB on my system just in case I need it and that is for 5.0.4 (PPC). I will be loading Final Cut Studio 2 soon, so I believe I will be okay.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Difficulty level of Final Cut vs. iMovieHD | Worth The Switch For Video Editing Purposes? »