New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

What if I don't like the built-in themes???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Carleen

Carleen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 24,2.33Ghz IntelCore2Duo,3GB RAM,750GB HardDrive,7600GT 256MB SDRAM Graphics,Final Cut Express

What if I don't want to use ANY of the themes? None of them "work" with my movie that I'm editing. I just want to totally bypass the built-in themes, but have tried everything I know to get around it, and can't....

So far:

1. I imported my camcorder home video into iMovie and edited the clips.
2. Created an opening credit and ending credit (in iMovie)
3. I am totally satisfied with my movie and just want to make it into a DVD.
4. So I click "Share" to send it to iDVD
5. iDVD "requires" me to choose a theme----BUT I DON'T WANT ONE!!
6. I JUST WANT TO BURN A DVD!

What I want to do is very simple, BUT these programs are making it incredibly complicated. (Plus I DO NOT want to go back to using my old PC)

Help!
Carleen
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

You have several options. If you want the movie to just start playing when you insert a disc, go to tree view menu and drag the film to the box in the top right that says "Drag content here to start playing when disc is inserted" or similar.

Another option is to use Toast, which isn't free, but has very minimalisstic menus.

Besides, iDVD themes are highly editable, you can change almost everything from background image to colors, sizing, fonts. What you can't change are the number of drop zones, but there are quite few (old) themes that have no drop zones.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« AVI to DVD Format | DVD copier »