06-07-2007, 06:03 PM #1
What if I don't like the built-in themes???
- Member Since
- Jan 21, 2007
- iMac 24,2.33Ghz IntelCore2Duo,3GB RAM,750GB HardDrive,7600GT 256MB SDRAM Graphics,Final Cut Express
What if I don't want to use ANY of the themes? None of them "work" with my movie that I'm editing. I just want to totally bypass the built-in themes, but have tried everything I know to get around it, and can't....
1. I imported my camcorder home video into iMovie and edited the clips.
2. Created an opening credit and ending credit (in iMovie)
3. I am totally satisfied with my movie and just want to make it into a DVD.
4. So I click "Share" to send it to iDVD
5. iDVD "requires" me to choose a theme----BUT I DON'T WANT ONE!!
6. I JUST WANT TO BURN A DVD!
What I want to do is very simple, BUT these programs are making it incredibly complicated. (Plus I DO NOT want to go back to using my old PC)
06-07-2007, 06:12 PM #2
- Member Since
- Jan 14, 2005
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Mac Mini, iPad Air 2, iPhone 7+, Apple TV 4th Gen, Apple Watch (38mm Link Bracelet)
You have several options. If you want the movie to just start playing when you insert a disc, go to tree view menu and drag the film to the box in the top right that says "Drag content here to start playing when disc is inserted" or similar.
Another option is to use Toast, which isn't free, but has very minimalisstic menus.
Besides, iDVD themes are highly editable, you can change almost everything from background image to colors, sizing, fonts. What you can't change are the number of drop zones, but there are quite few (old) themes that have no drop zones.If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Presb in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 01-07-2015, 09:45 PM
By cdgarcia09 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 8Last Post: 09-29-2009, 04:57 PM
By jen41090 in forum iOS and AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-02-2008, 10:36 PM
By sLiCk_InCoNtRoL in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 2Last Post: 10-03-2004, 02:31 PM